Student Achievement and Testing
The primary purpose of testing in the White Bear Lake Area School District is to provide information to help improve instruction. The data from such testing helps the district analyze students and curricula, learn which programs will be most helpful for each student, and hold the district accountable for offering the best possible education for all of students.
District Assessment Coordinator: Brian Morris
2017-18 District Assessment Calendar
MCA Calendar 2018
Parent/Guardian Guide and Refusal for Student Participation in Statewide Testing
District 624 looks at standardized testing as tools for the purposes of:
- to provide an analysis of student achievement levels and skill performance;
- to identify curricular needs and strengths to facilitate curriculum review and long-range planning;
- to provide meaningful information to the parent, student and teacher so that instructional decisions can be developed based on the needs of the individual learner;
- to assist administrators and teachers in setting instructional priorities for groups or individuals within the school and/or district.
- to report to parents, teachers, students, district staff, school board, and community members the status of student learning compared to the norm of a reference group;
- to provide parents with information about the achievement levels of their students.
- to screen students for special programs such as gifted and talented or special education;
- to assist in identifying students for a more in-depth assessment of needs and/or intervention programs.