District 624 Mission
Leading minds to learning, Hearts to compassion, and Lives to community service.
District 624 Mission
The mission of the White Bear Lake Area School District, a leader in innovative education and community partnerships, is to ensure our students:
- develop a love for learning,
- excel academically,
- are inspired to realize their dreams, and
- become engaged citizens with a global understanding
by challenging each student within a dynamic, respectful and inclusive environment that nurtures the unique talents and abilities of every student.
School Community Core Values
- We will understand the circumstances and viewpoints of others.
- We will develop the capacity to forgive others and ourselves.
- We will celebrate the contributions of others.
- We will promote a peaceful, caring and safe community.
- We will stand up for what we believe.
- We will be honest with ourselves and others.
- We will demonstrate fairness in our judgments and actions.
- We will fulfill commitments and promises.
- We will believe in the inherent dignity of all people.
- We will celebrate individuality.
- We will value and appreciate diversity.
- We will honor self and others through words and actions.
- We will take ownership of our behavior as individuals.
- We will have the courage to think and act independently.
- We will demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills.
- We will be reliable and trustworthy.
District Strategic Planning
- We will find positive ways to contribute to the broader community.
- We will share time and talents with others.
- We will take an active role in service opportunities in the school and community.
- We will celebrate involvement in service.
The District participated in a strategic planning process with community members, students, parents and District staff members during the 2010-11 academic year. Find information here
District 624 Goals
Like a kite, all points of the structure must be working together. If one corner is not in coordination with the others, the wind will not catch it. Similarly, if one does not hold tightly to the string, the kite vanishes. Thus, in order for the White Bear Lake Area Schools to soar to new heights, we need to stay grounded in our commitment to the goals, with each focus area working with one another.